NEW PRICE! Early 1900’s Sprawling Farmhouse in an Idyllic Country Setting
350 Orchard Street, Delmar, NY 12054
$695,500 | 6 Bedrooms | 5 (4 full, 1 half) Bathrooms | 5800 Square Feet
This is your opportunity to create the lifestyle you have always dreamed of! You’ll fall in love with this early 1900s sprawling farmhouse in an idyllic country setting. It has been meticulously renovated with many updates done in just the past few months including beautifully updated bathrooms and kitchen with new granite, new flooring throughout, new windows, new roof, new driveway, upgraded utilities, and much more. The newest addition reflects the character of the original house with today’s conveniences. This is an exceptional property with a pond and in-ground pool, and many outbuildings including a barn that was just renovated into a charming two-car garage with loft. More details below…
Original House, First Floor:
Front Foyer: Originally the front yard of the house was graced by a circular driveway. This is said to be the reason for the winding path and steps of slate leading to the front entrance of the old house with new wraparound porch and lighting. The foyer has a charming staircase enhanced by the new wood floors in the entrance and the wide plank pine floors that were stripped in layers and restored in the formal living room. The Scalamandre Dublin Panels on the walls and new colonial panels on the new windows were designed to keep with the period and detail of the original house. To the left of the foyer is the formal living room and to the back of the living room is the entrance to the reading room of the library. If you walked straight back from the entrance of the foyer instead, you would note a side door to the exterior plus a door which leads to the original basement.
Formal Living Room: 19.3 x 16.2. Restored wide plank pine floor, crown molding, detailed window trim and wood valances, fireplace with bluestone hearth and marble surround, wood mantle. Library with reading room off of living room.
Library: 12.10 x 13 and 6.5 x 19.4. Reading Room. Built-ins for books and treasures, gorgeous hand-hewn exposed ceiling beams, chandeliers.
First Addition, First Floor: Joins the oldest part of the house with the newest.
Dining Room: 19.2 x 14.7. Double French doors to patio, crown molding, new hardwood floors, chandelier. French doors to library.
Den: 11.2 x 9.4. Glass enclosed fireplace with wooden mantle, new hardwoods, opens to formal dining room and to first floor office.
First Floor Office: 7.2 x 9.8.This freshly painted, bright and cheery room has vaulted ceilings and recessed lighting. It is the perfect room to run the house from. It has space for all of those important papers, cookbooks, and technology on the built-in desk.
Newest Addition, First Floor:
This stunningly beautiful addition has all of the upscale conveniences of today’s new homes, but reflects the charm and character of the original house. The hardwood floors are “quarter sawn”, (shaker style, no grain on the first floor), the windows are Pella (true divided light), and the heating system has three zones (one for the original house and the other for the first and second floors of the addition) American Woodmark cabinets with subway tile back splash were added in fall 2016 for even more storage and prep space.
Kitchen: 23.9 x 22.2. Newer Rutt cabinets and brand new American Woodmark cabinets with a multitude of features. Carefully selected granite counters and subway tile back splash just installed in fall 2016. Massive center island with built-in GE oven, new Miele cook top and Dacor exhaust, new Whirlpool refrigerator, electric outlets. Second island with Bosch dishwasher, large sink, breakfast bar space. Two large pantry closets, tremendous custom window with window seat (storage under seat) overlooking pond with resident geese. Recessed lighting, custom molding, hardwood floors, opens to family room.
Family Room: 20.6 x 22.5. Opens into the kitchen as a Great Room. Wonderful natural light, double French doors to a new deck and the backyard, plus doors to patio/pool with new cement patio. Recessed lighting, pocket doors to dining room, new Quadra-Fire gas stove with strike-proof gas line.
A hall runs from the side entrance/mudroom area of the new addition past the kitchen and family room with a second staircase to the second floor. Off this hall are the mudroom area, laundry room, and half bath. The side entrance, which you would access from the current driveway, is protected from the elements by a small porch. The ceiling of the porch is thought to be mahogany, while the porch and walkway are bluestone. The hall consists of recessed lighting, crown molding, and hardwood floors. At the end of the hall is access to the large yard.
Mudroom Area: Ceramic tile floor, two large closets with double doors.
Laundry Room: Deep utility sink with built-in folding counter, ceramic tile floor, washer and dryer hook-up. Handy laundry chute from second floor.
Half Bath: Hardwood floor, beaded board wainscot and chair rail, Kohler pedestal sink and Kohler commode.
The staircase to the second floor addition has beadboard wainscoting and chair rail. The staircase wraps around to a landing with a view of the pond, and then continues up a level with a newly updated full bath, and then up again to the hall that leads to the bedrooms. There is a large closet at the top level of the staircase, and at the first landing. The hall floor is hardwood.
Second Floor, Addition:
Full Bath One: New flooring, new Kohler double sink vanity, sinks, fixtures, and beveled mirror. Tub with shower, vaulted ceiling, Kohler commode, recessed lighting. New in Fall 2016.
Master Bedroom: 15.5 x 17.3. New, plush wall to wall carpet, crown molding, amazing views of yard with new balcony, large California style walk-in closet with window. Gorgeous chandelier.
Master Bathroom: Newer his and her vanities and brand new floor, built-ins and open storage/display nooks, two closets, recessed lighting. Custom tiled oversized shower with bench, glass door and multiple shower heads. Private commode area with window and separate exhaust.
Bedrooms Two and Three: 10.11 x 22.9. Double closet, sloped ceiling, new and plush wall to wall carpet.
Original House, Second Floor:
Bedroom Four/Exercise Room: 17.3 x 14.2. Access through master bedroom (could be nursery or study) or access from hall. Two closets, slightly sloped ceiling, hardwood floor.
Full Bath Three: Tub/shower, brand new flooring, sink, commode, chair rail, slightly sloped ceiling. Jack and Jill style, shared by bedrooms four and five.
Bedroom Five: 17.3 x 12.4. Hardwood floors, slightly sloped ceiling, closet.
Bedroom Six/Office and the den are at the top of the staircase in the original house. This hall has wide plank floors. By combining the den, bedroom six including its private bathroom, and bedroom five you would have an excellent nanny suite or extended stay guest suite.
Bedroom Six/Office: 15.2 x 19.2. Wide plank flooring, slightly sloped ceiling, huge walk-in closet with shelving, private full bath.
Full Bath Four: 8’x9’. New tile flooring, tub with shower, fresh paint.
Den: 6.5 x 8.2. Wide plank flooring, new window and original decorative window.
- 5.67 acres with pond
- Estimated 5,800 sqft of above-ground living space
- New wraparound porch with recessed lighting
- New roof. Brand new “Gutterstuff” prevents leaf build-up in gutters
- Brand new Simonton windows throughout (2016), newest addition windows are Pella ~1997
- Outdoor shower on back of house near potting shed
- Outdoor grill
- Well on property for garden irrigation – Has not been used by current owners
- Brand new driveway November 2016
- Bluestone patio
- Bluestone entrance/porch from driveway with what is believed to be a mahogany ceiling
- Original house cedar siding could be restored. Width matches new vinyl.
- Fiberglass in-ground pool with solar cover. New cement around pool (2 years old) with new pool fence, new stone wall around the pool and newly installed river stone. All pool supplies included.
- Artist Studio/Potting Shed: Wood burning stove could be hooked back up to heat this space. It has electric and is a great potting or craft shed.
- Tractor Barn: Four garage doors. Houses the two lawn tractors, in great condition, and included in the sale. This is where all pool supplies are stored except the pool chemicals, which are on the second floor of the garage/barn.
- Garage/Barn: This old barn has just been restored in October 2016 and made brand new to function as the convenience of today’s modern detached garage. Two car spaces with Chamberlain door, door openers and key pad. New floor, windows, roof and vinyl siding. The loft is great for storage and this is where the pool chemicals are stored (included).
- Play house: Portable and lots of fun!
- New Weil-McLain boiler with upgraded Riello burner for increased efficiency
- Two brand new oil tanks (250 gallons each)
- Brand new 52 gallon Buderus hot water tank
- Carrier central air conditioner for addition, plus bedroom of second floor original house and formal dining room, and library of first floor in original house.
- Heating zones – Original house, first floor addition, second floor addition
- Heat System – hot water and hot air
- Two electric boxes, plus exterior generator hook-up for house in case of power failure, one main. Brand new sub panel in original house. All electric professionally updated and all to code.
- First Alert Security System for fire and theft (“stay in” beam option).
- New vapor barrier installed from original basement to new addition.
- Top-rated Bethlehem Central School District
- Taxes: $18,030 without exemptions
- Public water
- Private septic system. Public sewer is said to be available at the street, but buyer must pay to have it hooked up.
- Address: 350 Orchard Street
- City: Delmar
- State: NY
- Zip: 12054
- County: Albany
- Property Type: Residential
- Above Ground Square Feet: 5800
- Price: $695,500
- Age (Years): 101
- School District: Bethlehem
- Estimated Total Taxes: $19,183
- Listing Agent: Judith Gabler (518) 727-5653
- MLS Number: 201623377
- Total Rooms: 15
- Bedrooms: 6
- Full Baths: 4
- Half Baths: 1
- Kitchen: Eat-In
- Heat Type: Hot Air, Hot Water
- Heating Fuel: Oil, Liquid Propane
- Cooling: Central Air* (See MLS Remarks)
- Appliances: Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Disposal, Cook-top, Single Wall Oven
- Amenities: Ceramic Tile, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, French Door, Gourmet Kitchen, Built-In Cabinets, Walk-In Closet, Fireplace Insert, Wood Floors, Wall to Wall Carpet
- Interior Features: Cable Hook-Up, Garage Door Opener, Generator, Security System, High Speed Internet Acc, Gran/Solid Surf Counters
- Master Bedroom: Suite, Second Floor
- Fireplace: 3
- Laundry: Room, First Floor
- Attic: Hatch
- Basement Description: Partial, Unfinished
- Dining Room Description: Formal Dining Room
- Style: Farmhouse
- Condition: Excellent
- Exterior: Vinyl
- Lot Size: 5.67 Acres
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Water: Public
- Septic or Sewer: Septic
- Garage: 5 Car Detached, Barn
- Off Street Parking: 6 Spaces
- Pool: In-Ground Pool
- Exterior Features: Barn, Deck, Fenced Yard, Garden, Lighting, Pool