The Most Desirable Property in Pond Hollow Estates
15 Glenwood Terrace, Averill Park, NY 12018
$479,900 | 4 Bedrooms | 3 (2 full, 1 half) Bathrooms | 2,623 Square Feet
Welcome to the most desirable property in Pond Hollow Estates, offering an affordable mini-estate…
Click the Open Highlights button at far lower left for interactive detail. Select a photo,
then click within it to zoom. Move the mouse with its button depressed to rotate the view.
As you travel down the storybook winding driveway, you’re greeted with lush landscaping and a stunning home. You’ll fall in love with the privacy this property offers, with its rare, nearly 20-acre forest backdrop that abounds with flora and fauna.
Many flowers, flowering trees, and plants blossom throughout the warmer seasons, while autumn is ablaze in a spectacular color display. It’s the perfect property for those looking for a “staycation” resort, as it provides the utmost in privacy and beauty of natural surroundings. Birders will enjoy seeing cardinals, finches, chickadees, robins, hawks, and hearing the owls at different hours. The quiet, treed neighborhood lends itself to jogging, biking, and taking Fido for a walk.
The covered front porch is ideal for seasonal decorating as you welcome your guests. Being a bonus outdoor space, here you can enjoy listening to soothing summer rains while you reflect on your day.
Stepping into the foyer, decorative tile leads to the formal living room. It boasts a great space for conversation around the gas fireplace, and opens up to the formal dining room with windows overlooking the bucolic backyard.
The open kitchen and family room offer another great entertainment space and features numerous mood-setting lighting combinations. The family room has a beautiful gas fireplace with thermostat-controlled remote. And it’s the perfect place to stream videos or listen to music on the built-in 5.1 surround sound speaker system.
Granite countertops, a beautiful tile backsplash and high-end appliances adorn the kitchen (updated ~2014). It even includes a warming drawer to keep side dishes warm while grilling, and to warm plates before serving meals. You’ll enjoy watching birds and wildlife through the window above the sink, while the breakfast bar island is the perfect spot to enjoy a quick meal or talk about the day as dinner is being prepped.
The second floor offers four bedrooms, all with abundant closet space and cable hookups. The spacious master suite has a large walk-in closet, and its luxurious bathroom features double sinks, double soaker tub, shower, and skylight. A second floor laundry room with laundry tub provides convenience.
A partially finished basement space makes for a playroom, exercise area, office, or additional family room. Adjoining it is a tiled pantry space with convenient cabinets, counter, and large storage closet with shelving for all of your occasionally used cooking accessories.
Through the new Andersen sliding glass door off the kitchen sunroom you’ll find a large deck for grilling, dining, and relaxing. The fenced backyard affords a camp-like setting complete with firepit, where you can enjoy firefly spotting.
The ultra-private, resort-style pool area has its own storage shed for all of your pool toys. The in-ground salt water pool is low maintenance, while the heater (new in 2015) lets you enjoy swimming from mid-May until late September. A hot tub hookup exists just inside the gate for an easy addition.
15 Glenwood Terrace is just minutes to area amenities and dining. And it’s less than 15 minutes from I-90, as well as the shopping/business districts of Troy and East Greenbush. For a quick day trip, you’ll find many great destinations just a short distance away, including Stockbridge, the astonishing Clark Museum, Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort, and Tanglewood.
Lovingly cared for and upgraded by the current and past owners for 25 years, it’s now your time to enjoy all that this home and property have to offer.
- Address: 15 Glenwood Terrace
- City: Averill Park
- State: NY
- Zip: 12018
- County: Rensselaer
- Property Type: Single Family Residential
- Above Ground Square Feet: 2,623
- Price: $479,900
- Age (Years): 25
- School District: Averill Park
- Estimated Total Taxes: $13,152
- Listing Agent: Judith Gabler, Real Estate Broker & Owner
- Listing Agent Phone: C: (518) 727-5653
- Listing Agent Email: Judi@GablerRealtyNY.com
- MLS Number: 201826994
- Total Rooms: 11
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full Baths: 2
- Half Baths: 1
- Kitchen: Eat-In
- Heat Type: Hot Air
- Heating Fuel: Oil Hot Air Heat, Propane Fireplaces and Cooking Range
- Cooling: Central Air
- Appliances: Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Cooktop, Single Wall Oven, Convection Oven, Warming Drawer, Microwave, Washer & Dryer
- Amenities: Ceramic Tile, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Skylight, Atrium Door, Sliding Glass Door, Walkout Basement, Gourmet Kitchen, Built-In Cabinets, Walk-In Closet, Whirlpool, Wood Floors, Wall to Wall Carpet, Bilco Door
- Interior Features: Central Vacuum, Cable Hookup, Garage Door Opener, Humidifier, Paddle Fan, Security System, High Speed Internet Accessible, Granite Counters
- Master Bedroom: With En-Suite
- Fireplace: 2, gas
- Laundry: Room, 2nd Floor
- Attic: Hatch
- Basement Description: Full, Finished Area, Rec Room
- Dining Room Description: Formal Dining Room
- Style: Colonial
- Condition: Superior
- Exterior: Brick, Cedar
- Lot Size: 19.78 Acres
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Water: Drilled Well
- Septic or Sewer: Septic
- Garage: 2 Car, Attached
- Off Street Parking: 8
- Pool: In-Ground, Heated, Saltwater
- Exterior Features: Deck, Garden, Lighting, Outbuilding, Pool/In Ground, Porch, Shed, Fenced Yard