Gorgeous Biernacki-Built Colonial on Beautiful, Private Lot
204 Swift Road, Voorheesville, NY 12186
$449,900 | 4 Bedrooms | 3 (2 full, 1 half) Bathrooms | 3,112 Square Feet
Currently Featured as Times Union’s House of the Week!
You will fall in love with this Biernacki custom-built home as soon as you pull into the driveway. The grounds are stunning with mature landscaping and a backyard meant to be enjoyed year-round, just perfect for entertaining. You can step out of the house from the kitchen sliding glass doors, or out of the screened porch, to a deck and patio with gas hook-up for the grill. The custom-built stone patios, firepit bench seating, staircase, and tiered flower beds are just exquisite, and all overlook a spring-fed pond (about 15’ deep in the center), great for swimming in the warmer months, and ice skating in the winter months. Beyond the pond are an abundance of trees to maintain the natural privacy of this wonderful lot.
Inside the home, you’ll enter into the extra large foyer (13’x9’), where you’re greeted with American Olean primitive tile flooring, double coat closet and a grand staircase leading to the second floor. To the left is a gorgeous sunken living room (13’x24’) with pegged wide plank floor and beamed ceiling. From this room, you can step out through French doors to the screened porch overlooking the beautiful pond and stonework.
The family room (17’x18’) is cozy and charming with a magnificent, large brick fireplace with built-in shelving and dry bar. This enters into the spacious kitchen that could easily be opened up into the family room. The kitchen (12’3” x 24’) has Heritage stained wood cabinets, newer granite countertop and backsplash, built-in oven and microwave, dishwasher, oversized refrigerator, disposal, newer gas range and Bosch low-profile hood fan. The kitchen also boasts a good-sized eating area with mounted television included.
The tiled laundry room has custom cabinets, storage closets and an updated half bathroom with beautiful newer vanity. The washer and gas dryer are newer (~2013) and remain with the home. Off the kitchen, you’ll find an oversized, heated two-car garage with a utility sink, sunken pit for working on your vehicle, and a second egress set of stairs leading to the basement, creating a perfect and legal space to finish a section of the dry basement, if desired.
Walking up to the second floor, you’re greeted by a large landing leading to four spacious bedrooms, (14’ x 10’ 2”), (15’4” x 12’8”), (15’4” x 12’8”) and an 18’ x 13’ master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with steam shower. All of the bedrooms have abundant closet space and natural light. Two bedrooms have hardwood floors, and one is the perfect office/guest room with a built-in Murphy bed sure to impress your company. The main bathroom with tiled tub and heat lamp has also been updated.
The attic storage is sure to surprise you, with an “unfinished bonus room” above the garage with a service door out to the driveway, plus a pull-down ladder to a very high and dry attic space over the rest of the home.
The current owners have impeccably maintained this gorgeous home. The entire exterior cedar siding was professionally painted in 2018, and a professional brick coating put on the exterior brick chimney. The roof is 18 years old, with a 40-year architectural shingle, and is still under warranty. The zoned heating and cooling (1st and 2nd floor) features two Trane natural gas furnaces and A/C units, plus a 50 gallon water heater, all put in ~2013. You’ll also see the quality throughout from the original owner/builder including Pella windows (lifetime warranty) and custom trim work.
The location of this wonderful home on desirable Swift Road is ideal. It’s just a short walk to the nearby Town Park to enjoy tennis, basketball, baseball, ice skating, hockey, playgrounds and a covered pavilion. Tied to the town park are hiking trails that can be accessed from the house to enjoy walking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing on the beautiful nature paths. While taking in the tranquility of such a beautiful and private property, you’re conveniently located to downtown Albany, shopping, large supermarkets, and more. This is truly a remarkable retreat from the pressures of everyday life.
- Address: 204 Swift Road
- City: Voorheesville
- State: NY
- Zip: 12186
- County: Albany
- Property Type: Single Family Residential
- Above Ground Square Feet: 3,112
- Price: $449,900
- School District: Voorheesville
- Estimated Total Taxes: $11,941
- Listing Agent: Judith Gabler, Real Estate Broker & Owner
- Listing Agent Phone: O: (518) 935-4800
- Listing Agent Email: Judi@GablerRealtyNY.com
- Listing Agent: Mary Canova, Real Estate Salesperson
- Listing Agent Phone: C: (518) 928-9797
- Listing Agent Email: Mary@GablerRealtyNY.com
- MLS Number: 201910106
- Total Rooms: 10
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full Baths: 2
- Half Baths: 1
- Kitchen: Eat In
- Heat Type: Hot Air, Zoned
- Heating Fuel: Natural Gas
- Cooling: Central Air
- Appliances: Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Disposal, Cook-top, Single Wall Oven, Microwave, Washer & Dryer
- Amenities: Ceramic Tile, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Sliding Glass Door, French Door, Walkout Basement, Gourmet Kitchen, Built-In Cabinets, Wood Floors, Wall to Wall Carpet
- Interior Features: Central Vacuum, Cable Hook-Up, Garage Door Opener, Paddle Fan, Security System, Sump Pump, High Speed Internet Acc, Gran/Solid Surf Counters
- Master Bedroom: With En-Suite
- Fireplace: 1
- Laundry: Room, 1st Floor
- Attic: Full, Pull-Down, Storage, Unfinished Bonus Room
- Basement Description: Full
- Dining Room Description: Formal Dining Room
- Style: Colonial
- Condition: Excellent
- Lot Size: 1.87 Acres
- Lot Description: Treed/Wooded, Privacy, View, Landscaped, Pond, Water View
- Exterior Features: Deck, Lighting, Patio, Screened Porch, Shed
- Exterior: Cedar
- Roof: Asphalt Shingle
- Water: Public
- Septic or Sewer: Septic
- Garage: 2-Car Attached, Heated
- Off Street Parking: 10